Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I READ CHAPTER ONE OF TRAVELING IN SPACE -- And have a good time doing it


Last February I had a great time reading chapter one, "Take Me to Your Leader," from my novel Traveling in Space to a great audience at Atheists United

AU, which is a positive atheist community for Southern California, made a video record of the reading and have been kind enough to allow me to post it on YouTube, for which I thank them much, indeed. I have embedded those videos below.

The first chapter introduces my main characters, an alien race who call themselves Life because they think they are the only life in the universe, and who stumble upon Earth and must now deal with its inhabitants who they dub, of course, Otherlife.

I hope the reading gives a good idea of why the book is receiving positive reactions:



"Superbly entertaining and unique...thought provoking." -- The Mindquest Review of Books

"Many of the aliens' encounters with human beings are downright funny...much to think about and I'm sure that "Traveling in Space" will play on my mind for some time to come" -- Russell Blackford, Neworld Review & Metamagician and the Hellfire Club blog

"A unique spin of science fiction... With much humor and much to think about...not to be overlooked" -- Midwest Book Review

"Steven Leiva not only promises, but delivers!" -- Ray Bradbury.

"Leiva's immense gifts are matched only by his wry, biting wit" -- Paul Provenza; author of "¡Satiristas!" director of "The Aristocrats," host of Showtime's "The Green Room with Paul Provenza."

"Wry humor, intellectual insight and terrific story telling are the consistent signatures of Leiva's work." -- Ken Kragen, legendary Hollywood producer/manager and space buff.

"This book is bloody brilliant!" -- Nate, "NoMoreCrazyPeople" on the Rational Response Squad Forum.


It's in two parts, for a total of about twenty minutes. 







Signing a copy of Traveling in Space after the reading.





No comments:

Post a Comment