Tuesday, September 11, 2018

A VERY HAPPY AUTHOR, INDEED!





I know I don’t look like a particularly happy author in this photo, but believe me -- I am! For I am very happy to announce that I have just concluded a 3-book deal with Third Street Press and its publisher, Christiana Miller. In the past five years, I have written four novels and a novella. My short novel, IMP: A POLITICAL FANTASIA, and the novella, MADE ON THE MOON, were published by Crossroad Press in 2016 and 2017 respectively. And now Third Street Press will be publishing the following novels (with tiny little teases as to their content):

BULLY FOR LOVE
A rather odd love story
 
THE RELUCTANT HETEROSEXUAL
Modern sex among bipedal Pleistocene bodies

JOURNEY TO WHERE
A contemporary scientific romance

Now, by “contemporary scientific romance” I do not mean a love story among scientists. But those of you who know something of the history of science fiction certainly should know the term, “scientific romance.” In any case, that’s what I consider JOURNEY TO WHERE to be, a scientific romance. But what do I mean by “contemporary”? That’s the question.

As to the two others, let’s call them mainstream, maybe literary, fiction, although a bit of chemical sci-fi sneaks into, and is an important part of, THE RELUCTANT HETEROSEXUAL.

That’s all I going to say for now as I begin the process of working with Third Street Press to get the novels ready for publication. Publisher Christiana Miller has some very exciting ideas on presentation, distribution, and marketing, so, as I said, I’m a very happy author, indeed.

Cheers to all!



No comments:

Post a Comment