Wednesday, June 15, 2022

AN AUTHOR UPDATES

 

I have two novels coming out at the end of this year under my Magpie Press imprint.



 

 

The Reluctant Heterosexual: A Tragicomedy In Four Movements A Prelude And An Interlude will officially publish on November 15.






And The Definition of Luck or The Post-Modern Prometheus, a novel of the near future, will publish on December 15. 




 
Between now and then, I will be doing my best to market both books. Not an easy task for a digital indie author and publisher. But to paraphrase that great American philosopher Super Chicken, I knew the job was dangerous when I took it!
 
These are two entirely different books. The Reluctant Heterosexual is the third in my Love, Sex, and Pursuit of Happiness Novels. As with the other books in this group, it is a mainstream contemporary novel, which some might gift with the designation literary. Although there is a vital science fiction element to it. The Definition of Luck can be categorized as science fiction. Still, I do hope some will also think of it as literary. 
 
I am also moving all my novels previously released by other publishers to Magpie Press. This will be a slow process as I will be giving each book a complete re-proofing and polish. Currently, I am doing this on By the Sea: A Comic Novel, the first of my Love, Sex, and Pursuit of Happiness Novels, and I hope to re-launch it before The Reluctant Heterosexual so that it can join it and Bully 4 Love under Magpie in a Thematic Trilogy. 





By next year I hope to re-release my two Fixxer Adventures Novels, Blood is Pretty and Hollywood is an All-Volunteer Army.  





Also IMP: A Political Fantasia (like the Fixxer novels, first published by Crossroad Press). 




But first up, after By the Sea, I will be moving to Magpie Traveling in Space (published by Bluroof Press). 




Finally, I hope to bring over Journey to Where from Third Street Press after fulfilling some contractual obligations.



 

 

I thank my publishers, David Wilson and David Dodd of Crossroad Press, Dave Doody of Bluroof Press, and Christiana Miller of Third Street Press, for allowing me to take over the publishing of my books. And I thank them for their past support and encouragement.


I also want to thank Jean Rabe, a wonderful writer and damn good friend who has been my advisor and cheerleader in establishing Magpie Press.

 

Putting all my books under my Magpie Press imprint will allow me to more easily market them in three categories with my Wild Trip Novels joining the two groups mentioned above. 




 

Only the Fixxer novels can be considered a series. The books in the two other categories are grouped by kind or theme, and none share characters or storylines. Anybody in digital indie publishing (which relies on ebook sales) will tell you that this is not the best way to sell novels. Readers, especially of so-called genre novels, seem to love book series. Not that there is anything wrong with that. For years many authors in literary and genre fiction have written series of connected novels. But I was never inspired to do so except briefly with the two Fixxer books. And I’m not likely to be so inspired in the future.
 
But I believe all my novels are connected by my general satiric and comic view of life, which seems to creep into my work. Or maybe barge in. So I do hope readers will indulge me. Writing these novels has been a true joy in my life.
 
To my friends who do not read eBooks—my books are available in trade paperbacks and they would be 100% analog in your hands.





Cheers to all!

 

 








No comments:

Post a Comment